The Program Manager has accountability for leading and facilitating all activities performed by their immediate project team as well as other initiatives managed by Project Managers within the overall program for a retailer.
To be successful, the individual should have exceptional project management and communication skills and extensive experience working with demanding clients. They will be the driving force for achieving project deliverables and overall project success.
- Communication infrastructure
- Establishes, maintains and documents communication approach and channels both externally and internally.
- Ensures stakeholders are updated on a timely basis and alerted when issues arise that may impact schedule or require a key decision to be made.
- Monitors and reports on progress throughout the process to key stakeholders.
- Participates in and facilitates cross group discussions.
- Oversees all day-to-day activities of a particular program
- Works closely with Project Managers managing projects within the program.
- Ensures clear and detailed plans are created for each project that is involved in the program and ensures they align with expectations - works to resolve conflicts to ensure we stay on expected schedule.
- Runs weekly internal status meetings that covers all aspects of program.
- Helps resolve issues and develop mitigation and problem resolution plans for all aspects of the program.
- Reviews status reports and other communication documents and strategies prior to sending or discussing with the client ensuring issues are being addressed appropriately and everyone is on the same page.
- Ensures team(s) stays on track with timeline and meets client's expectations.
- Aware of key deliverables and dependencies within program.
- Reviews project processes and makes suggestions for refining project processes to improve efficiency and/or communication.
- Ensures projects within the program are following PNI's Project management and release processes and procedures.
- Assists in the handling of Change Requests, assessing and communicating impact internally and externally.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Several years in Project Management ideally managing large projects.
- Previous agile experience
- Experience working on projects with various teams and departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to effectively communicate with clients and partners, and across the different levels of the organization.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Exceptional planning, organizational and problem solving skills. Strong multi tasker.
- Has strong meeting facilitation skills and achieves desired meeting results.
- Excellent time management and project tracking skills.
- Develops a strong understanding of the business strategy internally and client side.
- Works well with clients, high level executives, management staff and peers.
- Strong people management skills, teamwork and team building skills.
- Ability to understand, specify, and communicate strategy at multiple levels within the organization.
- General technical knowledge expected.