Working within an Agile environment, a senior front-end developer uses their technical & organizational expertise to work on a project team in ensuring successful delivery of software components and deliverables. The senior developer will work with the lead developer and help mentor other developers in the team.
We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic and talented Senior Front End Developers for our Vancouver team. The role will be responsible for developing high-availability web solutions for our public-facing websites that will underpin the PNI technical solution.
- Mentors developers in their career progression.
- Drives problem determination and resolution.
- Ensures PM's have accurate technical advice, assessments and estimates form development team.
- Assists in transfer of business and technology knowledge.
- Promotes team effectiveness by removing technical blockers.
- Communicates with all areas to ensure a smooth efficient process.
- Consults with others to solve problems when required.
- Participates in code and design reviews.
Required Experience & Skills
- Experience working with React, Typescript, ES6
- Experience with front-end build tools (e.g. webpack, gulp, grunt)
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Comfortable writing and working with single page web applications
- Strong understanding of HTML, CSS and CSS pre-parsers such as Sass, LESS
- Understands the benefits of testing and familiar with front-end testing frameworks/tools such as Jasmine, Karma and Jest
- Familiarity with continuous integration applications (Teamcity, Travis, etc.) and their purpose
- Excellent organizational, communication and prioritization skills. Accustomed to working in a team and meeting project timelines
- Desire and ability to drive best practices in front-end development
- Knowledge of SOLID principles
Nice to have
- Experience with RxJS, MobX, Jest
- Experience with CSS Modules / Styled Components
- Experience with different web application frameworks
- Experience with responsive frameworks
- Experience in Node.js/C#/ASP.NET or other server-side technologies
- Experience with an Agile development process
- Experience with UX and/or UI design
- Enjoys keeping up to date with the latest frontend techniques, tools and trends