PNI Digital Media is currently looking for a QA Lead Analyst to join the Vancouver team.
The QA Lead serves as a quality assurance resource that acts as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources, leads/mentors QA team members, contributes to department initiatives, monitors and evaluates the quality of deliverables for the solutions to ensure they meet the client requirements using PNI's practices and standards.
- Works closely with the QA manager to establish and evolve formal QA processes ensuring that the team is using industry accepted best practices. Encourages and supports continuous improvement.
- Oversees all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, ensuring industry best practices are applied, and developing new tools/strategies
- Leads and mentor QA team members on testing and quality practices.
- Conducts performance reviews.
- Refines onboarding program and trains new hires.
- Develops and executes testing plans and strategies.
- Works independently testing a product for flaws and digging into a problem until a reproducible set of steps for the root cause of a problem can be documented and handed off to development for fixing. Resolution testing of same.
- Work with teams to triage bugs and perform risk assessments. Advises on the go/no-go decision for releases.
- Develops and maintains required documentation.
- Participates in the development of unit tests, integration tests, regression tests, acceptance testing and reviews work by others.
- Promotes test driven development and testing at the developer level.
- Provides advice, assessments and estimates to PM.
- Develops a strong working knowledge of products, services, and industry trends to select appropriate technologies to meet PNI and Client requirements.
- Works with the Business Analyst in the translation of business requirements into testing requirements. Reviews BRDs and provides input.
- Reports status to PM on a regular basis.
- Consults and collaborates with others to solve problems when required. Facilitates and leads discussions on QA matters.
- Identifies recurring quality issues and develops initiatives to address them. Acts as a driver for these initiatives.
- Executes initiatives as requested by QA Manager.
- Experience with testing web sites and web applications a must; experience with retail web sites a definite bonus.
- Be able to create test plans and strategies for all sizes of projects.
- Must be able to maintain and update scripts for evolution cycle of the product.
- Take direction and then be able to work independently testing a product for flaws and digging into a problem until a reproducible set of steps for the root cause of a problem can be documented and handed off to development for fixing.
- Capable of handling the test process from planning through implementation for projects, leveraging and leading team members where necessary.
- Must be able to take problems found during QA process, analyze to determine target party for issue resolution and then facilitate investigation and solution with development and PM teams.
- Understanding of test automation tools and some experience with test automation implementation.
- Experience creating reports and analysis of testing progress and results.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent reasoning, analysis and problem solving skills and the ability to document ideas clearly and concisely.
- Positive and upbeat attitude.
- Has experience leading teams and managing people.
Education and Experience
- University degree or technical diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years software testing experience.
- Experience in testing Internet-based applications. Familiar with .NET based websites.
- Understanding of Software Configuration Management processes and activities.
- Experience using test automation tools and preparing automation scripts an asset but not required.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing software quality metrics.
- Complete knowledge of testing methods.
- Understanding of Web Services an asset.
MS SQL Server knowledge and testing experience an asset.