As a Senior Operations Developer, you will design, implement and deliver software components for some of the world's largest retailers. You will tackle the technical challenges in an agile environment with massive data storage (5 PB) that serve copious volumes of customers (20 million) and data (2 TB daily) online. It would be expected of you to actively propose new solutions to “old” problems, seek out the bad code and fix it, champion the change to new technology and new processes and above all have the real passion for software development. You will also be responsible for helping coach and mentor developers within your team. This role will include some weekend work as the team rotate schedules during the week to accommodate 7 day coverage.
- Drives problem determination and resolution.
- Ensures PM's have accurate technical advice, assessments and estimates form development team.
- Assists in transfer of business and technology knowledge.
- Promotes team effectiveness by removing technical blockers.
- Participates in code and design reviews.
- Working as part of a project team in an agile environment, working with the Lead Developer and Project Manager to ensure team deliverables are met.
- Developing and maintaining required documentation.
Required Experience & Skills
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years' experience in web application development using C# and the .NET framework.
- 5+ years' experience in relational database development using Microsoft SQL Server.
- 3+ years' experience working in an Agile / SCRUM development environment.
- Ability to multitask over multiple projects in an agile team.
- Excellent communication.
- Driven attitude.
- You have a degree in Computer Science (or a relevant field), or an equivalent combination of education, experience and amazing ability.
- Knowledge of SOLID principles.
- 5+ years' experience with large design efforts, enterprise level deployment, and n-tier architecture.
Nice to have
- Experience with Reddis, RabbitMQ, Azure
- Experience with different web application frameworks
- Experience with an Agile development process