Who Are We:
We develop the next-generation technologies for the world's largest retailers for which we've become world renown. In addition to revolutionizing the users' online experience, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate the systems for the production and fulfillment of their orders. What is more impressive is the scale and reach of our solutions servicing millions of customers and transactions all around the globe.
PNI Digital Media is looking for a BA to fulfil an 8 - 10 month fixed term contract. This role does have the potential to go permanent.
The Business Analyst is a key stakeholder and team member that plays a critical role in delivering successful projects. Our BAs work proactively with Product Managers, clients, Account Managers and Project Managers by using their strong analytical, facilitation and interpersonal skills to extract, define, analyse and document business objective, priorities and business requirements. Our BAs then works with the development team to ensure all requirements are well defined, communicated and understood prior to and during the project, to help to ensure the team's success.
- Works closely with the Account Manager, Product Manager and client to elicit and analyze requirements to create epics, user stories and acceptance criteria, using use cases, process diagrams and wireframes (Visio) to support the process when needed.
- Assists the Product Manager, Account Manager and client to update and maintain the Product and Sprint backlog and to prioritize and acknowledge changes.
- Participates in sprint planning, estimations and retrospectives.
- Follows the agile methodology of the SDLC.
- Is able to provide client facing documentation.
- Works with the Product Manager, Account Manager and client to assists project manager to establish project scope.
- Facilitates requirement clarifications, and collaborates with the development team to troubleshoot problems throughout the development cycle.
- Participates in the QA process and bug triages.
- Oversees the end user testing.
- Demonstrates sprint goal successes and collects feedback from clients.
- Acts as a proxy for the Product Manager, Account Manager, client and account managers to the development teams when required.
- Identifies risks and report such risks to the Project Manager for the risk analysis.
- Participates in scrums.
- Adjusts features and priorities.
- Accepts or rejects stories once completed.
- Work with the team to prioritizes features according to business value during the project.
- Builds and maintains good strong relationships with Product Managers, Account Managers, clients and stakeholders.
- Is able to quickly become domain expert.
Experience and Skills Required:
- University degree, diploma or certificate in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience writing Epics/Stories, including acceptance criteria. Previous experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Working experience with wire-framing and process flow diagrams.
- Strong analytical skills and experience eliciting and creating requirements documents.
- Ecommerce experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with web-application and mobile technology is an asset.
- Technical experience (web/software development) is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Self-organizing, able to multi-task effectively, and plan forward.
- Able to work effectively and proactively within a team