PNI Digital Media is looking for a Release Specialist for their Vancouver office for a 6 month contract. Working alongside other members of the Release team, this role will help support and be responsible for deploying PNI's applications and managing software environments. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a fast learner, multi-tasker and resourceful. You value communication and are a thorough and well-organized person.
- Designs and develops build and deployment systems.
- Manages, integrates, and enhances source code control and issue tracking systems.
- Produces change reports and monitors-regulates-responds to change events for project releases that often span multiple code streams.
- Works closely with quality assurance, development groups (web, application and database) and project teams to automate processes and increase efficiency, you will be expected to stay focused on process development initiatives while delivering release contents for active projects.
- Provides subject matter expertise for release and build management.
- Supports and mentors others about different areas of the release process that may include packaging, provisioning, deployment, installation and maintaining/configuring application environment configurations.
- Assists with compliance related activities where appropriate.
- Performs deployments to different environments, including outside of business hours.
- Contributes to the release management intranet site.
- Participates in problem determination and resolution.
- Previous experience 3+ years working in a software development environment
- Computer Science-related certificate, diploma, or degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, development tools and .NET technologies
- 2 + years' experience in a tech support / troubleshooting, IT infrastructure or development
- Understanding of concepts such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps an asset
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Effective English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Deep analytical skills and propose strong solutions.
- Ability to work overtime and out of hours where necessary to meet the needs of the business