As a Senior Software Developer supporting Makr (owned by Staples) you will design, implement and deliver software components in support of the future ecommerce, Mobile and Print platforms. The successful candidate will work to actively propose new solutions to “old” problems, seek out the bad code and fix it, champion the change to new technology and processes and above all have the real passion for coding.
Your experience and drive will be key in forming a performance development team bridged across PNI Vancouver and Makr New York. Proven experience of motivating and working within distributed team environments will be a must. As this role will focus heavily on front end work, applicants should be experienced in the following technologies:
- AngularJS, NodeJS, Express
- HTML5 canvas + FabricJS
- Grunt task runner, Package & Dependency Management
- SCSS, Responsive Web Design
- Ruby on Rails
Your Key Accountabilities:
- Ship high-quality working software to Makr customers.
- Work collaboratively in a small team to understand business initiatives and deliver solution in small increments.
- Work with and as liaison to development teams of integrated systems (e.g. PNI)
- Mentor developers and assist them in resolving issues.
- Passionately drive problem determination and resolution.
- Helps PM in managing change and schedule by giving accurate time and work estimates.
- Contributes to our technical evolution by sharing of business and technology knowledge and advising (and executing) on system improvements.
- Helps establish and maintain technical processes.
- Motivates development team.
- Share with the team all technical successes & innovations.
Your Experience & Skills:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience in the industry.
- 5+ years of experience in application development utilizing Ruby, Node and Linux and relational database development utilizing Progress SQL.
- 5+ years of experience with software version management systems (Git preferred).
- 5+ years of experience with task/bug tracking software (e.g. JIRA).
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with cloud computing services such as Heroku and AWS.
- Excellent understanding of and extensive experience with Test Driven Development.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design patters and pragmatic programming principles.
- Ability to motivate, coordinate and work in a distributed team environment.
- Must be able to travel outside Canada.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to take ownership and drive results.
- Familiar and able to assist on the following technologies.