Who Are We:
We develop the next-generation technologies for the world's largest retailers for which we've become world renown. In addition to revolutionizing the users' online experience, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate the systems for the production and fulfillment of their orders. What is more impressive is the scale and reach of our solutions servicing millions of customers and transactions all around the globe.
PNI Digital Media is looking for a Creative Front End Web Developer initially for a 4 month contract with high potential to go permanent full time. The successful individual will leverage their creative expertise to translate designs into rich interactive web experiences leveraging reusable, scalable HTML/CSS/JS code.
- Responsible for owing the technical aspect of the deliverables.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, is proactive and can manage deliverables under tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Is passionate about their work and is willing to go the extra mile for their team.
- Lives and breathes HTML/CSS code with a high level of fluency, able to hand code from scratch; HTML5, CSS3, SASS and JS/JQuery is a must.
- Ability to provide high-level time project estimations.
- Emphasis on translating design requirements and specifications into front-end HTML code templates, designs, prototypes and various CMS integrations with emphasis on pixel perfect implementations.
- Experience working with grid systems (Foundation and/or Bootstrap), and version control systems such as Git and TFS.
- Creates a consistent look and feel using HTML/CSS/JS for PNI's retail client brands while respecting the brand requirements of each.
- Generates, maintains and archives web site content.
- Complete work successfully on or ahead of schedule.
- Has an online portfolio (required).
- Involved with project estimations.
Knowledge & Skills:
- 3+ years' experience in web programming and coding.
- Degree/Diploma or equivalent in front end HTML/CSS/JS web development.
- Experience with Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, and responsive web development.
- Experience with generating and animating SVG vector graphics a plus.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Web Accessibility.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong creative, user experience UX/UI and technical processes.
- Ability to produce organized and efficient code.
- Ability to deliver top quality work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure.