The Manager, Product Innovation role is to envision and bring to life new product initiatives for our business. This role works to understand market needs and convert those needs into products and services to be offered by the company. The Manager, Product Innovation owns the product life cycle, working closely with customers, the sales organization and the product development team to ensure that the defined e-commerce solutions, pricing strategy and positioning meet customer needs and support the company's objectives for innovation and sustainable, profitable growth.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Manages the Product Management function, applying industry best practices and developing new tools, strategies and processes to ensure quality goals are consistently met.
- Build and lead the Product Management function within PNI and is responsible for recruitment of new employees, mentoring, coaching, development and performance management for all product managers.
- Sets priorities for team ensuring alignment to strategy.
- Works closely with other departments, ensuring the Product Management function is supporting all key initiatives effectively.
- Educates other departments on Product Management initiatives.
- Leads key initiatives for the Product Management Department, ensuring all product managers understand their roles in the delivery of the department goals.
- Working with the VP Product Management, help to evangelize the product vision; Influence and negotiate priorities across functional teams both at senior leadership and staff levels.
- Provide leadership and direction to projects and programs.
- Works closely with the VP Product Management to establish and enhance processes for the Product Management function, cascading new processes where appropriate to Product Managers.
- Gather market requirements and competitive intelligence
- Define and communicate the product road map to continually improve the user experience based on ongoing customer research, feedback, and performance to project teams and key stake holders
- Manage the product life cycle
- Define product requirements and provide guidance to Business Analysts in writing of user stories
- Identify, define, size and create the business case for new product opportunities
- Degree educated.
- Previous experience and a history of success in an e-Commerce solutions business.
- Previous experience leading and managing a team.
- Holistic understanding of product customization in an e-commerce environment and the related user experience (e.g. pricing, technology, user behavior).
- Minimum 7 years of relevant product management experience.
- Experience building online services, preferably consumer-facing.
- Hands-on and technically savvy, with an equal amount of hands-on technical experience, business acumen and customer relationship skills.
- Able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Strong work ethic - someone who loves to produce great work and takes pride in professionalism, responsibility, and being proactive.
- Strong presentation skills and able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails and when submitting reports.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology.
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills.