The Account Manager maintains client relations and manages the client account. They are the link between the retailer and the development team. The successful candidate will need an in-depth understanding of both the client and PNI's business. The Account Managers will maintain strong relationships with all key client stakeholders with the goal of growing existing and developing new business within the account. AMs will work closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Marketing Specialists and other key PNI stakeholders. This is not a selling position; it is a relationship position.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the industry, competitors, and PNI's business strategy.
- Identifies and pursues new business opportunities that fit said strategy.
- Understands the larger scope of the client's business and identifies additional sales opportunities
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with the client, acting as the primary point of contact
- Maintains account strategy and sales forecast for each client.
- Develops and maintains PNI's product roadmap to ensure alignment with current and potential new client requirements.
- Participates in feasibility analysis when required.
- Responds quickly and efficiently to all client requests, ensuring that other project resources are involved as required.
- Understands client needs and defines business requirements for specific projects.
- Prioritizes work for clients
- Works with the Business Analyst to ensure they have a complete understanding of project requirements
- Works with the client, Project Manager and Business Analyst to initiate and progress projects.
- Works with the Business Analyst and client to accept features, releases, and project closeouts.
- Develops client proposals that comply with all PNI's processes and governance.
- Prioritizes maintenance defects and requests when required.
- Works with Marketing to develop and execute a suitable marketing plan and campaign for the clients.
- Develops and maintains required documentation and reports, both internally and externally
- Set up and maintenance of regular client communication
- Acts as a proxy for the client within PNI
- Assists with collection of overdue accounts receivable
Skills/ Experience Required:
- 5 plus years' experience in sales and marketing and or Account Management
- Degree or Diploma
- Web technical background an asset
- Marketing experience an asset
- Well-developed decision-making, communications and persuasion skills.
- High-level of accuracy, keen attention to detail and problem solving.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong organizational and analytic skills.
- Experience with all MS Office applications.
- Sound understanding and experience with general business principles, and sales.
- Ability to travel to the US a must.