The Product Manager Lead is responsible for envisioning and bringing to life new product initiatives for our business. The Product Manager works to understand market needs and convert those needs into products and services to be offered by the company. The Lead Product Manager owns the product life cycle, working
closely with customers, the sales organization and the product development team to ensure that the defined e-Commerce solutions, pricing strategy and positioning meet customer needs and support the company's objectives for innovation and sustainable, profitable growth.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversees the Product Management function, applying industry best practices and developing new tools, strategies and processes to ensure quality goals are consistently met.
- Build and lead the Product Management function within PNI.
- Sets priorities for team.
- Works closely with other departments, ensuring the Product Management function is supporting all key initiatives effectively.
- Educates other departments on Product Management initiatives.
- Leads key initiatives for the Product Management Department, ensuring all product managers understand their roles in the delivery of the department goals.
- Working with the VP Product Management, help to evangelize the product vision; Influence and negotiate priorities across functional teams both at senior leadership and staff levels.
- Provide leadership and direction to projects and programs.
- Works closely with the VP Product Management to establish and enhance processes for the Product Management function, cascading new processes where appropriate to Product Managers.
- Coach and mentor new product managers, directing work as required
- Gathers market data and competitive intelligence
- Works with the VP Business Services to define and communicate product road maps
- Manage the product life cycle
- Defined product requirements and helps to guide Business Analysts in writing of user stories
- Identify, define, size and create the business case for new product opportunities
- Degree educated.
- Previous experience and a history of success in an e-Commerce solutions business.
- Holistic understanding of product customization in an e-commerce environment and the related user experience (e.g. pricing, technology, user behavior).
- Experience building online services, preferably consumer-facing.
- Hands-on and technically savvy, with an equal amount of hands-on technical experience, business acumen and customer relationship skills.
- Able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Strong work ethic - someone who loves to produce great work and takes pride in professionalism, responsibility, and being proactive.
- Strong presentation skills and able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails and when submitting reports.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology.
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking