The User Interface Designer leverages their creative and technical expertise for designing interfaces and prototypes for web and native applications at PNI. As this is an intermediate position, the individual will need to work well independently with minimal guidance and produce high quality work.
- Creates visual material layouts for PNI's web, desktop, kiosk and mobility application needs.
- Develops mockups and storyboards for workflow presentations.
- Prototypes designs showcasing UI animations, material design etc.
- Creates and enforces design and UI specification documentation such as style guides
- Creates and enforces consistent branding in all client facing projects.
- Juggles multiple priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Is skilled in concept development, layout, design, typography, color theory and application usability.
- Focuses on continuous education and skills development.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- 3+ years experience in graphic design.
- Degree/diploma in graphic design/computer science
- Experience with both iOS and Android specific interface design an asset.
- Deep understanding of designing for multiple viewports.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Adobe CS, and Microsoft Office
- Exeperience prototyping interactions in Flinto, Principal for Mac, or similar software
- Experience working with developers and knowledge of HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, JQuery.
- Strong creative, user experience UX/UI and technical processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while being very is detailed oriented.
- Strong communication skills and a proactive attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Able to prioritize tasks in a very fast paced environment.
- Must have an online or hard copy portfolio.
- Must be able to work as a team or independently