Working within an Agile environment, the Lead Developer uses their leadership, technical & organizational expertise to lead a development project team in ensuring successful delivery of software components and deliverables. The Lead Developer is the primary contact for PM', BA's & EA's and oversees the career development of the developers within the team.
- Leads the development of technology solutions which utilizes PNI's processes, templates, best practices and standards to maximize reliability, functionality, and integrity while minimizing costs and cycle time.
- Works with the Development Manager, Enterprise Architects and Senior Developers to facilitate the architecture and design of the solutions.
- Consults with the Enterprise Architects as required resolving any issues.
- Leads the development team to design and implement the architectural vision.
- Mentors and coaches developers in their career progression.
- Drives problem determination and resolution.
- Ensures PM's have accurate technical advice, assessments and estimates form development team.
- Assists in transfer of business and technology knowledge.
- Promotes team effectiveness by removing technical blockers.
- Communicates with all areas to ensure a smooth efficient process.
- Participates in Product demos.
- Schedules & participates in code and design reviews.
Experience & Skills Required
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years' experience in web-application development using C#.NET in Visual Studio.
- 5+ years' experience in relational database development using Microsoft SQL Server.
- 5+ years' experience with large design efforts, enterprise level deployment, and n-tier architecture.
- 3+ years' experience working in an Agile / SCRUM development environment.
- Previous experience managing, coaching and leading development teams.
- Familiarity with continuous integration applications (Teamcity, Travis, etc.) and their purpose.
- Strong understanding of HTML, CSS and CSS pre-parsers such as Sass, LESS.
- 2+ years in leadership role.
- Desire and ability to drive best practices in front-end development.
- Demonstrated working experience in an Agile / SCRUM development environment.
- Experience with technologies such as MVC, ORM, IOC, etc.
- Experience working with React, Typescript, ES6.
- Excellent understanding of and some experience using Test Driven Development.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design patters and pragmatic programming principles.
Nice to have
- Experience with CMS.
- Expertise with Reddis, RabbitMQ, Azure.
- Experience with high-performance, scalable enterprise systems.
- Experience with Domain Driven Design.
- Excellent English communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience in tight deadline, high pressure environment.