Our Project Managers are responsible for leading and facilitating all activities performed by the project team throughout the project life cycle. In this role you'll be accountable for the execution of the project, will ensure that projects meet our clients' requirements, and that they are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality.
- Utilizes PNI's practices and standards to develop and manage project charters, project plans and task assignments for all team resources, also specifying client commitments.
- Interfaces with key project stakeholders, including the client, Account Managers, Business Analysts, Lead Developers and Enterprise Architects.
- Determines necessity for gap analysis on new initiative or at-risk projects. Facilitates gap analysis process.
- Determines priorities between projects when managing more than one project.
- May gather requirements and document them for analysis, estimation, design and QA.
- Maintains status reports, meeting minutes and other project documentation throughout the project duration; ensures it is written in a clear and concise manner.
- Works with the team to create estimates, determine timelines and perform technical assessments for the project in initiation stage.
- Works with the team to review project status, identify project tasks and dependencies.
- Conducts risk analysis and maintains risk management documentation.
- Identifies, communicates and removes barriers as related to projects and processes.
- Works with main project stakeholders to obtain Go/No Go decisions for all project phases
- Works with Release team to plan releases and all related activities, provides information to the release team required for production system update
- Manages project close-off and hand-off to maintenance
- Organizes daily scrums and enforces scrum format. Maintains scrum minutes and ensures continuity in the scrum architecture.
- Defines, maintains and modifies project workflow and transitions in PM tools as-required to accommodate project / team needs.
- Maintains burn-down chart and communicates status to the team daily and stakeholders as per procedure.
- Facilitates sprint planning and review sessions and ensures team ownership and involvement in the process.
Developing People & Tools
- Provides individuals and their managers with accurate and timely feedback and coaching for performance improvement.
- Resolves or facilitates resolution of conflicts.
- Pursues opportunities for improving existing PNI procedures related to project planning execution and closing.
- Participates in the selection of tools and methods for managing projects.
- Mentors junior project managers.
Experience and Skills Required:
- 5+ years of Project Management experience with minimum 1 year experience managing large projects.
- PMP or CSM certification is an asset.
- True believer in the Agile principles and values with minimum 2 years' experience working in an Agile environment.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience working with off-shore developers, to ensure quality of work and timely delivery.
- Experience working on projects with logistics complexity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to effectively communicate with clients and partners, and across the different levels of the organization.
- Exceptional planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong motivational and team building skills.
- Excellent time management and project tracking skills.