PNI Digital Media provides transaction processing and order routing services to Retailers, Internet portals, Websites, and Telecommunication service providers. It operates the PNI Digital Media Platform that connects consumer-ordered digital content, whether from online, in-store kiosks, desktop software, or mobile devices, with retailers that have on-demand manufacturing capabilities for the production of personalized products. Some of the benefits our employees enjoy include medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible, 401(k) retirement plan with company match and paid vacation.
PNI Digital Media is looking for an Intermediate Developer to use their technical expertise for designing, implementing, documenting, maintaining, and supporting the platform and sites to meet the client requirements using PNI’s practices and standards. This role is cross-functional and can include front-end, back-end and database development. This opportunity is based to our Austin, TX office.
• Participates in the development of technology solutions which utilizes PNI’s processes, templates, best practices and standards to maximize reliability, functionality, and integrity while minimizing costs and cycle time.
• Participates in problem determination and resolution.
• Develops and maintains required documentation.
• Develops unit tests, and integration tests.
• Supports QA and BA on acceptance testing.
• Provides technical advice, assessments and estimates to PM.
• Assists in transfer of business and technology knowledge.
• Develops a strong working knowledge of products, services, and industry trends to select appropriate technologies to meet PNI and Client requirements.
• Works with the Business Analyst in the translation of business requirements into technology/ systems requirements.
• Initiates interaction with Enterprise Architects and Lead Developers to research and identify alternatives which will provide cost savings and/or increased operating efficiencies.
• Promotes team effectiveness; consults with others to solve problems when required.
• Communicates with all areas to ensure a smooth efficient process.
• Reports status to PM on a regular basis.
• Communicates outcomes of Lead Developer meetings to development team.
• Participates in Product demos.
• Schedules & participates in code reviews.
Experience and Skills Required:
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 4+ years’ experience in (web)-application development utilizing C#.NET in Visual Studio.
• 2+ years’ experience in relational database development utilizing Microsoft SQL Server.
• 2+ years’ experience with software version management systems (e.g. Perforce) and task/bug tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
• 2+ years working in an Agile / SCRUM development environment
• Experience with technologies such as MVC, ORM, IOC, etc.
• Excellent understanding of and some experience using Test Driven Development.
• Deep understanding of object-oriented design patters and pragmatic programming principles.
• Expertise with nServiceBus and MSMQ considered a strong asset.
• Experience with high-performance, scalable enterprise systems would be a strong asset.
• Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments.
• Good written (technical documentation) and oral communication skills.
• Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
PNI Digital Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.