Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, the Junior Finance Accountant is responsible for billing, accounts payable, and bank reconciliations for the organization's Canadian and US entities.
- Bank and Cash entries and reconciliation for multiple accounts and currencies
- AP and AR reporting and control
- Processing vender invoices and payments.
- Reconciling vendor accounts
- Processing purchase orders.
- Reconciling credit card statements.
- Preparing and processing customer invoices.
- Applying payments to client accounts
- Participate in ad hoc analytics, projects and initiatives
- Increase the accuracy of the financial information by working to ensure data has been correctly booked and take corrective actions
- Preparing monthly journal entries.
- Updating fixed assets schedule.
- Backup and support for other members of accounting
Skills/ Experience Required:
- 2 + years' related experience
- Enroll in CPA program with a Bachelor's degree or diploma in accounting a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Accpac and Excel
- Must have excellent follow-up and tracking skills
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external parties to maximize performance, problem solving, and results
- Previous experience in payroll data entry systems a plus