The Lead UI Designer is a passionate, detail-oriented individual who leverages their creative expertise to create and manage conceptual designs, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes and application workflows for internal and external PNI clients. Working closely with the Creative Director, the Lead UI Designer will be responsible for managing projects from start to finish and be in constant communication with the creative team as a mentor and as a team member to help solve design problems. As the lead, it is very important to understand and learn what's important to our clients and treat their needs as your own.
• Manages creative requests and resources to make sure all projects are on track.
• Focuses on high-level creative thinking, producing concepts and ideas in line with project requirements.
• Works on mood boards, brainstorming, concept creation & design decks for presentations.
• Is part of all projects, assisting where needed, and will take on smaller projects independently
• Comes up with design solutions and maps out an estimated timeline for execution
• Focuses on continuous education and skills development.
• Oversees the creation of visual material for the PNI brand and its services ensuring that it meets a consistent look and feel and follows the style guide.
• Able to communicate with people from other teams, executives or clients in order to acquire more information, clarify issues, solve problems, present ideas and facilitate meetings.
• Ability to inspire the team by leading by example everyday.
• Delegates projects to senior designers and responsible for relaying the vision of the Creative Director
• Acts as a mentor by ensuring the team is always learning and engaged.
• Conducts quarterly performance reviews for the UI and graphic designers.
• Creates a great working environment for the team and establishes solid relationships with each creative team member.
• Delivers pixel perfect design, whether it is conceptual design, high fidelity mockups or presentations.
• Translates requirements into design specifications with an emphasis on user experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• 6+ years experience that can demonstrate high level proficiency in design, web and multimedia software applications as well as printing procedures, photography, illustration and verbal and written communication.
• Diploma/Degree in Interaction Design or Digital Arts.
• Advanced knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite, Invision and Sketch.
• Knowledge of HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, JQuery.
• Strong knowledge of UX processes.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks while being detailed oriented.
• Must be able to work as a team or independently.
• Ability to stay on top of current trends if not be in front of it.