PNI Digital Media is currently looking for an Intermediate Operations Developer to use their technical expertise for designing, implementing, documenting, maintaining, and supporting the platform and sites to meet the client requirements using PNI’s practices and standards. This role is cross-functional and can include front-end, back-end, database and flash development. This role will include some weekend work as the team rotate schedules during the week to accommodate 7 day coverage.
- Participates in the development of technology solutions which utilizes PNI’s processes, templates, best practices and standards to maximize reliability, functionality, and integrity while minimizing costs and cycle time.
- Participates in problem determination and resolution.
- Develops and maintains required documentation.
- Develops unit tests, and integration tests.
- Supports QA and BA on acceptance testing.
- Provides technical advice, assessments and estimates to PM or SM.
- Assists in transfer of business and technology knowledge.
- Develops a strong working knowledge of products, services, and industry trends to select appropriate technologies to meet PNI and Client requirements.
- Works with the Business Analyst in the translation of business requirements into technology/ systems requirements.
- Initiates interaction with Enterprise Architects and Lead Developers to research and identify alternatives which will provide cost savings and/or increased operating efficiencies.
- Promotes team effectiveness.
- Communicates with all areas to ensure a smooth efficient process.
- Reports status to PM or SM on a regular basis.
- Consults with others to solve problems when required.
- Communicates outcomes of Lead Developer meetings to development team.
- Participates in Product demos.
- Schedules & participates in code reviews.
Experience and Skills:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in (web)-application development utilizing C#.NET in Visual Studio.
- 2+ years' experience with software version management systems (e.g. Git) and task/bug tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
- 2+ years working in an Agile / SCRUM development environment
- 2+ years' experience in relational database development using Microsoft SQL Server
- Nice to have: Experience with technologies such as MVC, ORM, IOC, etc.
- Excellent understanding of and some experience using Test Driven Development.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design patters and pragmatic programming principles.
- Experience with Sitefinity CMS.
- Expertise with nServiceBus and MSMQ considered a strong asset.
- Experience with high-performance, scalable enterprise systems would be a strong asset.
- .NET development experience is a plus.
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Good written (technical documentation) and oral communication skills.