As an Operations Developer, you will work with the Operations Development team to help design, implement and deliver software components for some of the world's largest retailers. You will work on technical challenges in an agile environment with massive data storage (5 PB) that serve copious volumes of customers (20 million) and data (2 TB daily) online. It would be expected of you to work on new solutions to "old" problems, seek out the bad code and fix it, champion the change to new technology and new processes and above all have the real passion for software development. This role will include some weekend work as the team rotate schedules during the week to accommodate 7 day coverage.
- Work with development team to problem solve technical issues.
- Ensure PM's have accurate technical advice, assessments and estimates form development team.
- Assist in transfer of business and technology knowledge.
- Participate in code and design reviews.
- Work as part of a project team in an agile environment, working with the teamto ensure team deliverables are met.
- Develop and maintaining required documentation.
Required Experience & Skills
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 3 years experience in web application development using C# and the .NET framework.
- At least 3 years experience in relational database development using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Previous experience working in an Agile / SCRUM development environment.
- Ability to multitask over multiple projects in an agile team.
- Excellent communication.
- You have a degree in Computer Science (or a relevant field), or an equivalent combination of education, experience and amazing ability.
- Knowledge of SOLID principles.
- 3+ years' experience with large design efforts, enterprise level deployment, and n-tier architecture.
- Experience with Reddis, RabbitMQ, Azure ideally
- Experience with different web application frameworks ideally
PNI offers a full list of perks and benefits fully paid by company, including healthcare and matching RRSP plan, transit and wellness allowance plus lots of fun activities throughout the year.