PNI Media is currently looking for an Intermediate Developer to use their technical expertise for designing, implementing, documenting, maintaining, and supporting the platform and sites to meet the client requirements using PNI’s practices and standards. This role is cross-functional and can include front-end and back-end development.
Participates in the development of technology solutions which utilizes PNI’s processes, templates, best practices and standards to maximize reliability, functionality, and integrity while minimizing costs and cycle time.
· Participates in problem determination and resolution.
· Develops and maintains required documentation.
· Develops unit tests, and integration tests.
· Supports QA and Product Owner on acceptance testing.
· Participates in technical investigations and estimation process.
· Assists in transfer of business and technology knowledge.
· Develops a strong working knowledge of products, services, and industry trends to select appropriate technologies to meet PNI and Client requirements.
· Works with the Business Analyst in the translation of business requirements into technology/ systems requirements.
· Initiates interaction with Enterprise Architects and Lead Developers to research and identify alternatives which will provide cost savings and/or increased operating efficiencies.
· Promotes team effectiveness.
· Communicates with all areas to ensure a smooth efficient process.
· Provide status updates on a regular basis.
· Consults with others to solve problems when required.
· Participates in Agile ceremonies.
· Schedules & participates in code reviews.
Experience and Skills Required:
· Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 3+ years’ experience in (web)-application development utilizing C#.NET in Visual Studio.
· 2+ years working in an Agile / SCRUM development environment
· 2+ years' experience with software version management systems and task/bug tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
· 1+ years' experience in relational database development utilizing Microsoft SQL Server Experience with technologies such as MVC, ORM, IOC, etc.
· Deep understanding of object-oriented design patterns and pragmatic programming principles.
Nice to have:
Understanding of the HTML, and CSS, plus experience with jQuery or other libraries for traversing the DOM.
Experience with high-performance, scalable enterprise systems.
Understanding of, and experience with, client-server computing and relational database environments.
Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Good written (technical documentation) and oral communication skills.