Along with the Senior Enterprise Architect Manager, the Development Technical Manager will help to develop, and monitor the compliance of development strategies, policies, procedures, and standards. Along with the other managers and services groups, the Development Technical Manager will proactively diagnose business problems and identify strategic opportunities and ensure all development teams’ work to process, policies and roadmap deadlines. This role will also be responsible for recruitment activities within the assigned teams, as well as performance management.
- Ensures development methodologies, standards, practices, templates, and governance are maintained to industry standards.
- Works closely with Architects to develop and monitor technical strategies
- Ensuring code reviews are done and overseeing development best practices
- Day to Day in depths awareness of projects and technical issues
- Works with teams in the creation and compliance of PNI development standards and processes.
- Facilitates project completion by removing roadblocks, and working through solutions with the management team.
- Reviews lessons learned and project and portfolio metrics, looking for trends and areas of improvement.
- Identifies root causes relating to development processes and methodologies, and escalates to the enterprise architect.
- Helps to create and the outsourcing team(s)’s structure and ability ensuring alignment of work to roadmap.
- Helps to prioritize feasibility analysis for potential projects.
- Provides oversight on high-risk or complex projects.
- Works alongside the Client Delivery Manager and Operations Manager by assisting with estimation and resource planning high-risk or complex projects.
- Educates and influences the development organization to continuously improve key project and development processes.
- Establishes and facilitates on-going communication across PNI
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
- Recruitment, performance management and coaching/mentoring of all developers within team.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field Must have 7 plus years' experience in (web)-application development utilizing C#.NET in Visual Studio with minimum of 5 years in a management position with large teams.
- Must have at least 10 plus years’ experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market
- A proven record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager 7+ years' experience in relational database development utilizing Microsoft SQL Server
- 7+ years' experience with software version management systems (e.g. Perforce) and task/bug tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
- 5+ years working in an Agile / SCRUM development environment
- Experience with technologies such as MVC, ORM, IOC, etc.
- Excellent understanding of and some experience using Test Driven Development.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design patterns and pragmatic programming principles.
- Expertise with MSMQ considered a strong asset.
- Experience with high-performance, scalable enterprise systems would be a strong asset.
- Real experience (at least 5 years') with large design efforts, enterprise level deployment, and n-tier architecture.
- Proven track record successfully mentoring other developers in .NET technology and code quality.
- Experienced in dealing directly with an executive team with the ability to communicate effectively in presentations
- Excellent English communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills