The Intermediate Infrastructure Engineer is a key member of the IT team, and is responsible for maintaining our on premise and Azure public cloud platform. The platform includes the infrastructure and software required to support our customer-facing and backend applications. Additionally, you will be responsible for setting up and maintaining large development web server environments, with an emphasis on IIS/ASP.NET technology.
Responsible for production network infrastructure including:
- Monitor health of infrastructure and support software
- Respond to and remediate health alerts, including on-rotation, after-hours support
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues
- Perform security and feature updates on infrastructure and support software
- Provision appropriate infrastructure to support new, upgraded, and to scale in-house applications.
- Use PowerShell and PowerShell scripts to maintain on premise and public cloud infrastructure
- Perform updates to PowerShell scripts used to maintain infrastructure
- Working on the direction of senior-level infrastructure engineers
Previous Experience (Must Have)
- Supported enterprise-class networking, public cloud, and storage (in NAS, object storage, and SAN topologies.)
- Supported enterprise-class cloud and/or on-premises Windows Server and Linux system running at-scale web applications, including deployment and management of those systems.
- 3 or more years of experience working in a service provider or datacentre environment as an Infrastructure Engineer.
- Canadian English Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 9 or higher (https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/language-benchmarks.pdf)
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective interaction with employees, clients and third parties
- Demonstrated ability to develop and be mentored
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to create and interpret technical documents and reports