The QA Analyst will help in software testing to ensure we are consistently releasing high quality customer facing web front ends for our clients.
You must be a self-motivated, team player with the ability and passion to see projects through from conception to completion within prescribed time frames. The position is demanding, requiring a diligent and focused individual with a strong desire for accomplishment.
- Read and understand Test Plans. Be able to create test plans and strategies for all sizes of projects.
- Experience with testing web sites and web applications a must, experience with retail web sites a definite bonus.
- Read, understand and follow test scripts. Must be able to help put together meaningful and complete test scripts based upon software flows and Test Plans. Must be able to maintain and update scripts for evolution cycle of the product.
- Take direction and then be able to work independently testing a product for flaws and digging into a problem until a reproducible set of steps for the root cause of a problem can be documented and handed off to development for fixing.
- Capable of handling the test process from planning through implementation for projects, leveraging and leading team members where necessary.
- Must be able to take problems found during QA process, analyze to determine target party for issue resolution and then facilitate investigation and solution with development and PM teams.
- Understanding of test automation tools and some experience with test automation implementation.
- Create reports and analysis of testing progress and results.
- Understanding of development life cycle
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent reasoning, analysis and problem solving skills and the ability to document ideas clearly and concisely
- Positive and upbeat attitude
Education and Experience
- Technical Diploma or degree
- Minimum of 2 years software testing experience, ideally with QA Automation experience
- Experience in testing Internet-based applications. Familiar with .NET based websites.
- Understanding of Software Configuration Management processes and activities.
- Experience using test automation tools and preparing automation scripts.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing software quality metrics.
- Complete knowledge of testing methods
- Understanding of Web Services an asset.
- MS SQL Server knowledge and testing experience an asset.