The Senior Business Analyst serves as a resource with extensive business and technical knowledge for defining and analyzing business requirements and objectives, and determining technical implications. Throughout the process, the Business Analyst works closely with the client, Account Managers, Product Managers, Enterprise Architects and the development team to ensure that all business requirements are met.
· Sets priorities for team and is a key player to the successful delivery of the project. Ensures the project meets requirements and priorities.
· Works closely with the AM, Product Manager, Creative and client during the initiation phase of the project to elicit and analyze requirements.
· Participates in sprint planning, estimations and story creation.
· Must execute all CSPO duties
· Follows the agile methodology of the SDLC.
· Creates and maintains requirements documentation in the form of Epics, Stories, Feature Maps and uses other methods if required to support the requirements such as use cases, process diagrams and wireframes using Visio.
· Is able to provide client facing documentation.
· Assists project manager to establish project scope, plans and priorities.
· Facilitates requirement clarifications and collaborates with the development team to troubleshoot problems throughout the development cycle.
· Oversees the end user testing.
· Demonstrates sprint goal successes and collects feedback from clients.
· Provides training documentation to the clients when applicable.
· Builds and maintains good strong relationships with clients and stakeholders.
· Acts as a proxy for the client and account managers/product managers/Creative to the development teams.
· Identifies risks and report such risks to the project manager for the risk analysis.
· Is self-organizing, has strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Communicates the requirements to different departments effectively and clearly.
· Prioritizes features according to business value.
· Adjusts features and priority as needed to meet strategic goals.
· Mentors junior team members and fellow BA's.
· Contributes to refining processes and efficiencies in execution.
· Strong facilitator in building group consensus and gaining clarity on initiatives.
· Utilizes tools effectively to improve communication and efficiencies.
Experience and Skills Required:
· University degree, diploma or certificate in Computer Science
· Must have 5+ years of experience as a business analyst.
· Previous experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
· Experience writing Epics/Stories and creating Story Map.
· Working experience with wire-framing and process flow diagrams is required.
· Strong analytical skills and experience eliciting and creating requirements documents.
· Experience working in .Net and mobile environment.
· The ability to understand code in a .Net environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
· Able to work effectively within a team.
· Ecommerce experience is highly desirable.
· Experience with .Net and mobile technologies
· Product Owner Certified is preferred.