The QA Automation Developer is mainly focused on the Automation side of QA and serves as a quality assurance resource to monitor and evaluate the quality of deliverables for the solutions to ensure they meet the client requirements using PNI's practices and standards.
- Develop and maintain Automated test script
- Develops and executes testing plans and strategies for deliverables which implement PNI's processes, templates, best practices and standards to maximize reliability, functionality, and integrity while minimizing costs and cycle time.
- Develops test plans and strategies based the quality assurance strategy and plan.
- Takes direction and is able to work independently testing a product for flaws and digging into a problem until a reproducible set of steps for the root cause of a problem can be documented and handed off to development for fixing. Resolution testing of same.
- Leads push teams as required to ensure quality and speed of release, efficient low-impact push process.
- Tracks bugs / issues and their fixes.
- Advises on the go/no-go decision for releases.
- Develops and maintains required documentation.
- Participates in the development of unit tests, integration tests, regression tests, acceptance testing.
- Monitors and acts on quality metrics.
- Promotes test driven development and testing at the developer level.
- Provides technical advice, assessments and estimates to PM.
- Develops a strong working knowledge of products, services, and industry trends to select appropriate technologies to meet PNI and Client requirements.
- Works with the Business Analyst in the translation of business requirements into testing requirements.
- Initiates interaction with Enterprise Architects and Lead Developers to research and identify alternatives which will provide cost savings and/or increased operating efficiencies.
- Promotes team effectiveness.
- Communicates with all areas to ensure a smooth efficient process.
- Reports status to PM on a regular basis.
- Consults with others to solve problems when required.
- Identifies recurring quality issues and develops initiatives to address them. Acts as a driver for these initiatives.
- Read and understand Test Plans. Be able to create test plans and strategies for all sizes of projects.
- Experience with testing web sites and web applications a must; experience with retail web sites a definite bonus. Must be able to test code in C#.
- Read, understand and follow test scripts. Must be able to help put together meaningful and complete test scripts based upon software flows and Test Plans. Must be able to maintain and update scripts for evolution cycle of the product.
- Take direction and then be able to work independently testing a product for flaws and digging into a problem until a reproducible set of steps for the root cause of a problem can be documented and handed off to development for fixing.
- Capable of handling the test process from planning through implementation for projects, leveraging and leading team members where necessary.
- Must be able to take problems found during QA process, analyze to determine target party for issue resolution and then facilitate investigation and solution with development and PM teams.
- Understanding of test automation tools and some experience with test automation implementation.
- Create reports and analysis of testing progress and results.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent reasoning, analysis and problem solving skills and the ability to document ideas clearly and concisely
Education and Experience
- Computer Science or Engineering degree/ diploma.
- Minimum of 3 years software testing experience with at least 1 years' experience in Automation
- Experience in testing Internet-based applications. Familiar with .NET based websites.
- Understanding of Software Configuration Management processes and activities.
- Experience using test automation tools and preparing automation scripts.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing software quality metrics.
- Complete knowledge of testing methods
- Understanding of Web Services an asset.
- MS SQL Server knowledge and testing experience an asset.
- Experience with automation tools (coding, not record/playback)
- Experience building automation framework
- Some knowledge of Load testing
- Experience with continuous integration is a plus