We are looking for a lucky User Experience Designer to join our amazing family at PNI. We want someone who is passionate about solving problems had empathy for the user, a deep understanding of user-centered design and strong analytical abilities.
Working within the UX team the successful UX Designer would be responsible for the design, testing and development of engaging user experiences for the custom print products of Staples.com.
The ideal candidate will work closely with internal teams that are both inhouse and remote including the UI team, Frontend and Backend teams.
They will need to build strong relationships with product management, development and other critical partners to establish and deliver on the business and customer requirements that enhance the user experience while still meeting business goals.
• Collaborates on user experience planning and usability research.
• Executes on information, interaction and visual design.
• Works with stakeholders and users to generate business and user requirements respectively.
• Translates requirements into design specifications with an emphasis on user experience while incorporating business and marketing needs.
• Develops design ideas using storyboards, process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, mock-ups
• Creates design and UX specification documents to be handed over to the UI team.
• Creates and enforces consistent UX flows while reusing existing components.
• Produces clickable prototypes.
• Conducts user tests of prototypes and remote testing using usertesting.com
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
• Manages design projects through their entire lifecycle while maintaining deadlines.
• Juggles multiple priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Is skilled in concept development, layout, accessibility compliance and application usability
• Understanding data and how to use it to interpret usability problems.
• Focuses on continuous education and skills development.
• Reviews day-to-day tasks for design team.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Undergraduate Degree with 2+ years previous UX experience.
• Demonstrated user experience design skills with expert knowledge of current design patterns and trends.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially for microcopy.
• Experience with the ecommerce UX design patterns.
• Able to conceptualize, present and execute on information, interaction and visual design.
• Able to translate complex information into user-friendly designs.
• Experience with Sketch, Adobe suite, Axure, invision and Outlook
• Provide creative solutions consistent with industry trends, demonstrating ability to problem-solve.
• Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of various browsers, operating systems and devices.
• Previous Agile experience.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities, while managing tactical deliverables and meeting deadlines.
• Able to maintain strong rapport with teammates and stakeholders from multiple business groups.
• Portfolio of previous work and design projects.