The Junior Developer leverages their technical experience to help design, implement, document, maintain, and support the platform and sites to meet the client requirements using PNI's practices and standards. This role is cross-functional and can include front-end and back-end.
- Participates in the development of technology solutions which utilizes PNI's processes, templates, best practices and standards to maximize reliability, functionality, and integrity while minimizing costs and cycle time.
- Participates in problem determination and resolution.
- Develops and maintains required documentation.
- Develops unit tests, and integration tests.
- Supports QA and BA on acceptance testing.
- Assists in transfer of business and technology knowledge.
- Develops a working knowledge of products, services, and industry trends to select appropriate technologies to meet PNI and Client requirements.
- Works with the Business Analyst in the translation of business requirements into technology/ systems requirements.
- Initiates interaction with Enterprise Architects and Lead Developers to research and identify alternatives which will provide cost savings and/or increased operating efficiencies.
- Promotes team effectiveness.
- Communicates with all areas to ensure a smooth efficient process.
- Reports status to PM on a regular basis.
- Consults with others to solve problems when required.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 1 years previous years' experience in (web)-application development utilizing C#.NET in Visual Studio.
- Exposure to relational database development utilizing Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of Agile / SCRUM development process.
- Understanding of object oriented design patters and programming principles.
- Understanding and some experience using Test Driven Development.
- Excellent English communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Hard working and drive to succeed