PNI Digital Media is a leading tech industry e-commerce solutions provider, and we’re proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers. We’re looking for a Release Train Engineer to work in our Vancouver, BC office.
The Release Train Engineer, also sometimes referred to as an “Agile Program Manager”, facilitates the Agile Release at a program level and then is responsible for program execution, escalating impediments, managing risk, and helping drive program-level continuous improvement. RTE’s are responsible for facilitating program events such as Release Planning, Inspect & Adapt, and the Scrum of Scrums.
The RTE ensures mission execution, leads and facilitates software delivery teams through development and delivery, and is an Agile facilitator and can coach at the Program, and Team levels. Providing guidance in Agile, Scrum, and Kanban. Supports teams in architectural runway development and work break-down and serve as an expert on Agile software principles to development managers, developers, quality engineers, UX designers and architects.
· Facilitate PI planning events
· Manage and optimize flow of value through ART
· Champion SAFe adoption
· Track and Publish track PI Objectives/Team progress for visibility and transparency
· Facilitate Agile ceremonies such as Scrum of Scrums, Inspect & Adapt, System/PI demo
· Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
· Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
· Help manage Risks and Dependencies; Escalate and track Impediments
· Work with Product and Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
· Drive relentless improvement.of the ART and Solution Trains and help them improve
· Work with Scrum masters to increase effectiveness of Agile; Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices
· Partner with delivery leaders to ensure successful delivery against PI commitments
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8+ years of experience in a complex project and program management roles with at least with 3+ years leading Scrum teams.
· Experience as a Scrum Master for at least 3 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
· Experience Functioning in the Release Train Engineer role or similar coaching role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, in an Agile environment that scales up to a program or portfolio level
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
· Strong communicator with strong interpersonal skills who can:
· Listen and support teams in problem-identification and decision making
· Encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness, and courage
· Persuade by influence rather than authority
· Understand and empathize with others
· Think beyond day-to-day activities
· Support teams’ commitments, personal development, and continuous growth
· Empower teams to be owners of their products and processes
· Strong technical aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software
· Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework, or other scaling model is preferred
· SAFE RTE certification
What's it like to work at PNI Digital Media?
At PNI, we never settle for status quo. We never forget that our customers are our business. We’re efficient but diligent. We value teamwork. And above all, we know how to have fun. We love dogs, video games, karaoke, popcorn and foosball. We celebrate our successes, and we hold charity and fitness events throughout the year. In addition to a fitness subsidy, mat leave top-ups and a dog-friendly workplace, we offer our staff free fitness and yoga classes each week. Come and find out why we’re a consistently award-winning employer. Some of our recent accolades:
· Canada Top 100 Employers
· BC's Top Employers
· SME Canada Top Small & Medium Employers
· BC's Top Technology Companies
· Profit 500 Company
PNI builds on-demand personalized print solutions, transaction processing, and order routing services for the world's largest retailers. We connect consumer-ordered digital content, whether from online, in-store kiosks, desktop software, or mobile phones, with retailers that have on-demand manufacturing capabilities, to produce personalized products.