PNI is looking for an IT Support Specialist to help with the day-to-day operations of our fun and dynamic Vancouver office. If you can imagine yourself cozying up with a canine while you work, playing a game of world-class foosball on your lunch-break, and heading home at the end of the day courtesy of your subsidized transit pass, this may be the role for you. Key responsibilities include:
· Managing combined PC and Mac workstation environment including hardware set-up and take-down
· Managing Microsoft Windows domain accounts and services, including security group memberships, printer queues and domain-based services (e.g. DNS, DFS)
· Deploying test and development environments, including physical and virtual components
· Reviewing and implementing security patches, account management, network security (e.g. firewalls), and audit logs
· Onboarding & offboarding employees with all required hardware and software
· Resolving day-to-day issues for end users
· Handling audio/visual set-ups and support in our boardrooms
· Reviewing and maintaining backups of corporate data
· Supervising contractors from time to time
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
· A technical degree or diploma is preferred.
· 3 - 5 years of work experience in an office IT support environment.
· Solid understanding of networking concepts (VLANs, routing, IP, DNS etc.).
· Experience with Mac hardware/software (iMac, Macbook, OS X etc.)
· Experience with enterprise office applications an asset (Microsoft Office/Exchange/System Center); previous experience working in Office 365 environment, cloud product management and Security and Privacy Auditing is a big win.
· Experience and familiarity with SCCM for management and deployment.
· Able to lift and move equipment up to 49 lbs 16 oz (we weighed it).
· Ready to perform other office related maintenance tasks as required.
· Excellent customer service, communication and teamwork skills; dog whisperers welcome!
· Able to pass a security background check.
· Experience with NAS and SAN technologies (NetApp, Oracle, Dell, FC zoning, MPIO) an asset.
· Experience with AV and presentation equipment an asset.