PNI Digital Media is a leading tech industry e-commerce solutions provider, and we're proud to be one of BC's Top Employers. We're looking for a Senior Manager Devops to work in our Vancouver, BC office.
In this role, you’ll provide technical and organizational leadership in its DevOps implementation program. Reporting to the VP Technology, the successful candidate will revise and resume full ownership of the DevOps vision, lead and coordinate program-level initiatives, ensure alignment among stakeholders, and remove roadblocks for a smooth and timely implementation of the program.
· Act as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices.
· Perform continuous analysis of emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and Enterprise Security and build up the knowledge base.
· Define, own, and continuously revise and communicate the DevOps roadmap.
· Lead and coordinate the creation and improvement of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments.
· Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions which includes reference architectures and estimates.
· Lead and facilitate Program Steering Committee and other meetings.
· Define and own effective program-level metrics and reporting.
· Identify roadblocks including technical, resourcing, cultural, and knowledge. Propose and execute mitigation strategies.
· Developing budgets and operating plans.
· Monitoring program risks and managing/ escalating issues.
· Promote DevOps to all stakeholders
· Actively supporting the Communities of Practice
· Collaborate with the in-house trainer to onboard new employees and to provide ongoing training.
· Be an ambassador for PNI.
· 10+ years of relevant experience; including 6+ years leading successful DevOps programs in small-to-midsize IT companies and 4+ years as a developer/ platform engineer.
· Strong knowledge and expertise in DevOps solution delivery and strategy.
· Strong experience and knowledge on information security.
· Deeply familiar with and can manage automated deployment, continuous integration, release engineering tools and application performance management tools.
· Working knowledge of Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google) and their capabilities (e.g. Azure DevOps)
· Experience with container hosting and orchestration services
· Strong knowledge of infrastructure automation and build pipelines
· Strong experience in Agile (Scrum) and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience desired. Propose suggestions to facilitate faster, higher quality software releases.
· Excellent communication skills with team members of different background, skillset, and goals. Demonstratable experience motivating members of different teams to achieve corporate goals collectively.
· Flexible and resilient, comfortable and adaptable to a high-change environment and open to new concepts and/or processes
· Great attention to detail while keeping track of the big picture.
· Consistently deliver on promise and also hold others accountable for doing the same.
· Excellent change management and conflict resolution skills.
· Genuine passion and curiosity towards tech through experiment, evaluation, and continuously learning. Eager to share new found knowledge and mentor others.
What's It Like to Work at PNI?
At PNI, we never settle for status quo. We're efficient but diligent. We never forget that our customers are our business. We value teamwork. And above all, we know how to have fun. We love dogs, video games, karaoke, popcorn and foosball. We celebrate our successes, and we hold charity and fitness events throughout the year. In addition to a fitness subsidy, mat leave top-ups, and a dog-friendly workplace, we offer our staff free fitness and yoga classes each week. Come and find out why we're a consistently award-winning employer. Some of our recent accolades:
Canada Top 100 Employers
BC's Top Employers
SME Canada Top Small & Medium Employers
BC's Top Technology Companies
Profit 500 Company
PNI Digital Media offers on-demand, personalized print products, transaction processing, and order routing services to the world's largest retailers. We connect consumer-ordered digital content, whether from online, in-store kiosks, desktop software, or mobile phones, with retailers that have on-demand manufacturing capabilities to produce personalized products.